Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Space hopper man pulled over by police while bouncing through underpass

Police pulled over a man bouncing along on a space hopper through the Marketgait underpass in Dundee at around 3am on New Year's Day. Witness Jamie Shankland, 25, said he spotted a police presence as he was driving west toward the underpass entrance.

He said: “I was driving up towards the tunnel on my way to pick up a friend when I noticed the police were speaking to a guy at the entrance. He was running out from inside the tunnel when police stopped him. He looked very drunk and police had blocked the left-hand lane because he was on the road.



“I had to pass slowly and, as I did, I saw another policeman walking up the tunnel to pick up a red space hopper. At first I wondered what it was, but then I saw the two wee horns sticking out the top.” Jamie says the man who had been stopped looked a little sheepish when he realised he had been caught. “The look on his face was priceless,” he said.

“You could tell he was thinking ‘what have I done?’.” He added: “Only in Dundee would you see someone on a space hopper getting stopped by the police, going through the tunnel in town. God knows where he even got the space hopper from. He must have taken it out with him.” A spokesman for Police Scotland Tayside Division confirmed a space hopper had been spotted in the area around the time the incident took place, but said no formal action was taken.

No comments: