Monday, March 07, 2011

Family find vagrant asleep in back of car

A mother from Tutshill, Gwent, got a shock of her life when her children discovered a homeless man sound asleep in the back of her car. The first Cara Moulton knew of the incident was after telling her children to get into the car last Thursday morning to go swimming. They came running back into the house and asked: “Is the brown man sleeping in the car coming with us?”

Not believing her ears, she ran out to the vehicle and seeing the man asleep inside started screaming, startling those around her including a bemused window cleaner. But her screams did not wake the sleeping visitor, snoozing in her car parked in her own driveway. Carla immediately called the police, who responded quickly to the incident and spoke to the man who claimed he was homeless and was looking for overnight shelter.



Carla added: “The incident scared me to death. I was devastated when the kids told me they had got into the car with him still in the back. I’ve spent a small fortune on air fresheners. Certainly it’s taught me a lesson to make sure my car is locked at all times.”

Cara can now laugh about whole affair, but at the time she admitted it was very frightening. “I would like to warn car owners in the Chepstow area to make sure their vehicle is locked at night,” Cara added. “It’s not an experience I wish to repeat and the lingering smell in the car of my unwelcome visitor is a constant reminder of a mini nightmare.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I nominate this woman for the 2011 "Full of Human Kindness" award